Beginning August 5, I will start hosting Crock Pot Wednesdays each week, and I hope you will join me in the fun.
My Crock Pot (AKA slow cooker – Crock Pot is actually a trade name belonging to Rival) - gets used lots, especially during the school year since I work as a seventh grade teacher (I know…examine the brain!) and while I enjoy cooking, I also enjoy other activities as well and don’t want to necessarily spend all of my time in the kitchen. I have friends who use theirs almost exclusively during the summer in order to save turning on the oven and heating up their kitchens. (There’s a good reason why early Southern kitchens were rarely located IN the house.)
So, I thought that it might be fun for us to share our favorites, our tried and trues, our exotics, or even our experimentals that are prepared in the crock pot. If you have a picture, post it; if not, post anyway. Let us know the pros and cons of what you prepared and suggest any changes that you would do or did. If possible, let us know where you got the recipe…certainly give yourself credit for your originals. Or, maybe you have a story to share about a Crock Pot experience:) Maybe you have a hint having anything to do with the crock pot – easy cleaning – easy storing, etc. Whatever!
I know some cooks have an aversion to crock pots, but still do “slow cooking.” If that fits you, please feel free to join in anyway and tell us how you do it. This event is intended to be laid back, easy and enjoyable. Most of all, I hope it works for you. I welcome your suggestions as we go along.
INAUGURAL POSTING PRIZE OPPORTUNITIES:
Come back on Friday, August 7 for the announcement of the three prize winners who will be randomly selected. Your name will go in the “pot” each time you complete one of the following entries (more entries, more chances to win).
All entries must be submitted by 9 p.m. Wednesday, August 5.
- Sign up to participate in Crock Pot Wednesday and link back to me from your blog post. This is worth two entries:)
- Become a follower of Dining With Debbie and leave me a comment here that you have done so.
- Sign up to become a follower on Twitter @diningwithdeb and leave me an additional comment here letting me know your Twitter name so I can follow you as well. If you are already a follower, comment about that as well.
- Tweet about Crock Pot Wednesday and leave a comment here with the link of your tweet.
- Post about Crock Pot Wednesday on Facebook and leave me a comment that you have done so.
- Refer another blogging buddy to this event and leave me a comment with the URL of your buddy’s blog.
- Post my Crock Pot Wednesdays button on your blog and let me know that you have done so.
Important: Please make sure that I can access your email either through a visible email on your blog or in your comments. Winners will be notified by 5 p.m. on Friday, August 7.
You probably already know how this works but just as a reminder, please follow these simple guidelines:
- Include your post showing us your Crock Pot Wednesday recipe, ideas or suggestions.
- Link up below on Mister Linky to the permalink of your post. In order to find out what yours is, click on the title of your post and grab the permalink from the address bar.
- In parentheses following your name, give a word or two of the subject matter of your post. For example: darnold23 (pinto beans). Be sure to leave spaces just as I have shown.
- Link your post back to Dining With Debbie as a courtesy to me so that everyone will know where to find more Crock Pot ideas and recipes.
- Pass the word out to your blogging buddies and let them know that I would love for them to join in the fun.
Thanks for joining in the fun. Come back this week to see what prizes are in store for you. You’re gonna’ love ‘em.